Beautiful music is an important part of our worship life. Musicians and singers of all levels of experience can use their passion and talents to lead the congregation in praising God through song.
Music in Worship
At St. Peter’s we use traditional sacred music to help congregants to interpret the spoken liturgy. Our music is strongly founded on congregational singing, using hymn selections from Hymnal 1982 & Lift Every Voice and Sing II.
Stephen Rose leads music at weekly worship services. Stephen studied sacred organ music from a young age, and is blessed to share his talents with the St Peter’s community.
Youth Chorale Scholarship
Exciting news for young singers!!
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church is offering music scholarships to qualified high school students. The recipients will be awarded not only with the scholarship money but also with the honor to be mentioned when you apply for schools and other scholarships. So please spread the news.
Our choral scholars should demonstrate an interest in choral/classical music and be interested in singing sacred music at weekly services from September through May. Successful candidates will have maintained minimum attendance requirements throughout the season.
Saint Peter’s will award up to 8 choral scholarships per year. Scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded in May of each year.
For questions or additional information please email Stephen Rose, Minister of Music, at email@example.com.
Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church is honored to be the caretakers of an historic pipe organ. Our organ was originally built by Henry Erben of New York City in 1847, for the previous building of Saint Peter’s, on the site of our current church. It was originally a one manual (keyboard) instrument, located in an upper gallery. In 1886 a new organ was installed in Saint Peter’s, which is believed to have used parts from the original Erben organ. The new organ was built by Wm Johnson of Westfield, Mass and was installed in a newly added space to the left of the Altar. When the congregation of Saint Peter’s built a new church in 1910, the organ and the structure around it were picked up, turned 90 degrees, and the new building was constructed around it. In the middle of the 20th century the organ was fitted with an electric blower by the Delaware Organ Company of Tonawanda, NY. At this time some original ranks of pipes were replaced or modified. The organ is caringly maintained by the Parson’s Pipe Organ Co of Canandaigua, NY.